We trust that you are experiencing the love of God in your day today. May He give you eyes to see His loving care for you.
The Lord is expanding our vision for what He wants to do through the Evangelical Friends Church (EFC). Here are some details and a request.
We believe the Lord is leading us to move towards and be a part of a movement in and through the Evangelical Friends Church in Africa of whole-life disciples who are making disciples, planting churches, and sending out missionaries. Please watch the video below to more fully understand what the Lord is doing among us and how we believe He is leading us forward. This video was created by our friend Seth Binford.
Watch The Whole – 10 Minute Video Here
Watch The Video Split Into Four Chapters:
At this point we do not know exactly what this will look like, but we believe that it will include Evangelical Friends Church leaders, pastors, and missionaries from Africa Friends and from Friends in North America. This is a huge vision and continues to grow in us. The Lord is leading our African Friends towards missions-sending and we believe that He will call others from North America (maybe you!?!?) to join us to partner together towards this vision.
Currently there are two ways we sense a need for people to join us. We do not know if it is you or not, but we want to invite you to prayerfully consider joining us in these needs.
- Intentional and specific prayer. We believe that prayer is a key part of moving into all that God has for us to be and do. We sense that we are on the verge of a big movement. The members of our D for D leadership have been dealing with different issues related to health, deep tiredness, and other things. We believe that at least part of these things is related to spiritual warfare. Therefore, we are asking for some of you to join us more intentionally in prayer. Here are some ideas for how you can partner with us in prayer.
- Join our Prayer Shield Team. We hope to have people specifically praying for this vision becoming reality every day. We would love to invite you to consider committing to pray intentionally and consistently at specific times. It might be that some would feel led to commit to praying daily. Others on a certain day each week or on a specific date of the month. This would be a time to pray for the overall vision, our D for D leaders, etc. Would you consider joining us in this way? If so, please respond and tell us how you intend to pray. We would like to know who might be praying when.
- Join a Local Church Intercession Team– we would like to set up groups for intercession using the phone app called WhatsApp. We have groups working in different local churches and in different countries. We would like to increase specific prayer for each of these groups. In each WhatsApp group we will share specific prayer requests related to that group. Joining an intercession team means that you would be joining the D for D team in a specific community as a prayer warrior.
- We will continue to send out prayer requests and updates through email. These emails will be great additions for specific ways to pray. Please be intentional to pray with us for those things we write about.
- Become a missionary with Evangelical Friends Mission and join us on the ground to move towards this vision.
- Contact the EFM staff (https://friendsmission.com/go/) to begin a discussion and process of discernment with us about your calling and your part in helping us move towards this vision.
- Pray regularly for the Lord to lead you into His plan for your life and that you will obey his leading.
In Christ’s Service Together,
Brad and Chelsea