What is a Luke 10 Exploration Trip?
Luke 10 Exploration Trips take place when teams who include the four types of participants travel together to a location in which Friends are exploring the possibility of launching a new mission field. These teams get their cues from Luke 10 and use EFM’s CAN GO Criteria to evaluate the experiences they are having on the trip. This same criteria is used when they return home and report to the Luke 10 Think Tanks, determining whether this potential site is a “thumbs up” or “thumbs down” in regard to further exploration or launching a new mission field in the visited location.
What are the Luke 10 Trip Destinations?
Here are the 10 Luke 10 Trip destinations being actively planned by 10 different planning and travel teams. We are completing exploration trips to the last destinations in early 2023 plus making plans for second trips in 2023 before November 8, 2023, when we have a National EFM Luke 10 Think Tank with hopes to identify which fields EFM will commit to launching by the end of 2025 (goal is to launch at least 5 by end of 2025).
- Northern India | February 20-March 4, 2023
- Mexico | April 24-May 1, 2023
- Shuar People of Ecuador and Peru
- Trip 1: June 5- July 31, 2023
- Trip 2: June 5-15, 2023
- South Sudan | September 4-17, 2023
- Tanzania | September 17-25, 2023
- Greece | September 20-30, 2023
- Northeast Brazil | October 6-17, 2023
- Nepali-speaking people in Doha | October 19-31,2023
- Eastern Europe | June 2024
- Lahu People of Thailand, Laos, etc. | TBA
- An Unreached People Group in a Country near Cambodia | TBA
How to Sign Up for a Luke 10 Exploration Trip
1. Complete online Luke 10 Exploration Trip Application Form.
2. Complete the Luke 10 Exploration Trip Covenant and Liability Form.
3. Pay $150 non-refundable deposit to EFM. You can send a check or pay online here. Please clearly mark with your name and destination country.