What is a Luke 10 Exploration Trip?
Luke 10 Exploration Trips take place when teams who include the four types of participants travel together to a location in which Friends are exploring the possibility of launching a new mission field. These teams get their cues from Luke 10 and use EFM’s CAN GO Criteria to evaluate the experiences they are having on the trip. This same criteria is used when they return home and report to the Luke 10 Think Tanks, determining whether this potential site is a “thumbs up” or “thumbs down” in regard to further exploration or launching a new mission field in the visited location.
What are the Luke 10 Trip Destinations?
EFM currently has 10 sites/peoples in mind for exploration for possible new fields. Plans are being made for Luke 10 Trips to 10 of the sites by 10 different planning and traveling teams by the end of 2022! Then follow up visits will be made over the coming months or years as appropriate.
- Shuar People of Ecuador and Peru | May 30-June 16, 2022
- Northeast Brazil | Dates TBA
- Mexico | April 19- 29, 2022
- Eastern Europe | June 15-22, 2022
- Greece | May 30-June 10, 2022
- South Sudan | October 2022
- Tanzania | September 10-19, 2022
- Nepali speaking people in Dubai | October 17-26, 2022
- Northern India | Dates TBA
- Lahu People of Thailand, Laos, etc. | December 8-15, 2022
How to Sign Up for a Luke 10 Exploration Trip
1. Complete online Luke 10 Exploration Trip Application Form.
2. Complete the Luke 10 Exploration Trip Covenant and Liability Form.
3. Pay $150 non-refundable deposit to EFM. You can send a check or pay online here. Please clearly mark with your name and destination country.