The first month of deputation has come and gone. What a joy it has been to meet up with so many of you so far in the Pacific Northwest. Our time in the States began with a blessed time of spending Christmas and New Years with the family in Southern Oregon and California. It was a special time to have all four of us gathered with the extended family before we all went our separate ways.
Since then, we have started speaking at churches, met with the EFM Directors in California, and begun catching up with our dear partners in ministry. We have loved sharing the stories of what God is doing in Ireland. Stories of transformed lives. We have shared in Central Point, Medford, Rosedale, and Scotts Mills. We are looking forward to upcoming trips to Sherwood, Talent, and West Chehalem to round out February. We still have a few dates available if you would like us to come and share with your small group, men’s or women’s groups, home group, or even a group of friends who want to hear more about EFM-Ireland. We would love to meet up with you individually as well. We love to share the impact that God is having in Ireland through all your prayers and support.
On a personal note, one of the highlights for me (David) so far was spending a few days at Sabbath by the Sea in Twin Rocks, Oregon. It ended up being a shortened time due to the ice and snowstorm. It was a blessed time in the chaos of traveling, speaking, separation from home, organizing (which isn’t my strong suit), and preparing for all that is to come, to take a moment to pause and rest in the stillness of God’s love and peace. It was a pivotal time for me. Deputation can be a very difficult time with all that it holds, and it was special to have space and time to set aside to be still.
- For strength, endurance, and safety as we spend the next five-plus months on this journey.
- For the financial support to be back up to fully funded before our tentative departure date in July.
- For our family as we are on different continents in different endeavors.
- That this time will be one of deep and significant team building and prepare all of us for the next term together.
Thank you so much for your love and support. We look forward to meeting with as many of you as we can.
Grace and Peace,
The Howell Clan
We are currently in the Northwest through March. After, we will visit MAYM and RMYM during April and May. If you would like to schedule an opportunity to visit, please email us at email@example.com.
We currently have 856 prayer partners and have a goal of raising it to 1,100. If you know anyone who would like to pray for our ministry, please forward this form to them.
We are currently at 74% of our ongoing monthly need. If you are a current monthly supporter, thank you. It is important to let EFM know that you plan to continue or increase your giving. If you are not currently giving, please prayerfully consider supporting our ministry in Ireland.
Thank you for supporting us through prayer and financial giving. We need and appreciate both so that we can reach 100% in both areas before heading back to Ireland.
There are four ways you can partner with us:
- Online. Visit https://catalog.friendsmission.com/howell. You’ll be given the opportunity to indicate whether you are making a recurring or one-time gift.
- Credit Card. This may be given online (as stated above) or by calling the EFM office (303-421-8100) to give your information to a live person.
- Automatic Bank Transfer. Download the form here and email it Debby McElroy (EFM Bookkeeper) at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that ACH payments are processed on the 10th or 25th of the month.
- Check. Mail a check to EFM, P.O. Box 771139, Wichita, KS 67277. Make sure to mark your check “Howell Support” and note if you will be giving on a recurring basis (monthly, quarterly, etc.). Pay to the order of “EFM.”