Dear Friends and Family,
I would like you to share with you about the trips Edwin and I took during the month of March! Thank you for your prayers for our family.
|Mexico YM- Vision Mexico 32|
In February, Edwin and I attended the Mexico YM sessions that took place at a retreat place in Guadalajara, Jalisco. That was the first time, after two years, that pastors and leaders of Mexico YM met in person. It surely was a great time of fellowship and edification for everyone. Edwin and I had two opportunities to talk about EFM Luke 10 Exploration Trips and to promote and encourage them to continue to get more involved in the church planting project, Vision Mexico 32. One of the main highlights about this YM was at a worship service around a campfire where Edwin was invited to preach. He preached on Matthew 9:35-39. After the sermon he invited everyone to pray to the Lord of the harvest to send more labors to his harvest. After, what felt like a powerful prayer where we could all sense God’s Spirit, Edwin made an open invitation challenging everyone there to commit to the church planting VM32 project and then he asked if there were anyone sensing the calling from the Lord to be missionaries or church planters. We were so amazed when we saw that eight young people raised their hands declaring and saying, “Here I am Lord, send me.” That was a Kairos moment!! The next day we got together to have a meeting with these eight so they could tell us more about their call and it was very exciting to hear that what they felt at the campfire was a confirmation of the call they had been sensing for a long time. Praise the Lord!! (We are sharing pictures of these eight brave young people below.)
- Please pray that we would be able to follow up and provide opportunities for them to continue exploring their call to missions or to get them ready and send them out to plant new churches in the near future. One of the ideas is to have a future missionary retreat in Mexico.
|EFM Luke 10 Exploration Trip to Mexico|
Edwin and I together with Trent Jacks (leader from EFC-MAYM) are leading the EFM Luke 10 Exploration Trip to Mexico taking place next month, April 19-29, as part of EFM’s goal to send ten new missionary household to launch five new fields by year 2025. We will be exploring the States of Jalisco, Nayarit, and Colima. According to INEGI (Mexico’s census bureau), statistics in 2021 revealed that the population in Mexico is around 130 million out of which only 8.95% in the whole country are Evangelical Christians (free in Christ). The statistic for these three States is less than 5% Evangelical Christians. So, that shows that great need in Mexico to continue reach out to people with the Gospel and love of Jesus Christ. Included in this exploration team is one future missionary from the U.S., four leaders from Mexico, four potential new missionaries from Friends churches in Mexico, Trent Jacks, Edwin and me.
We have also been invited to be part of the EFM Luke 10 Exploration Trip to Ecuador, taking place May 30th- June 16th. This trip is to explore an unreached ethnic group “the Shuar”. Their territory is in the jungle in the limits of Ecuador and Peru.
- Please join us in prayer for these two Luke 10 Exploration trips. We look forward to experience and discern if God is leading EFM to send new missionaries to open new fields in these two areas.
- Please pray that God touches hearts for more people to get involve by praying and giving. We are still in need of funds to cover these two trips. The cost for each person is $1,200-$1,500 each.
- Please pray for our safety, this area in Mexico is considered dangerous because of the presence and battles between drug cartels.
|Evangelism/Disciple-Making Seminar at Barclay College|
Edwin and I were invited to share about the importance of obeying the Great Commission to a group of students at Barclay College in Haviland, Kansas. This seminar is a requirement for students to take before they graduate. This experience was a first time one for us, so it was a little challenging. But after all, we had a great time with these precious students, that now we have in our hearts to be praying for them as they are the ones in charge of presenting the gospel to their friends and family.
|Ministry in North Las Vegas|
Praise the Lord! Ministry in North Las Vegas is growing. It is becoming a beautiful multicultural bilingual church. We have people from several countries in Latin America, Filipinos, African Americans, and Anglo people. We have been blessed by people that have become strong disciples and leaders that are committed to serve and support us. We are now having our Sunday worship services at a Community Recreation Center just one block away from our home. We must set up and take down everything every Sunday but is so nice to see that we already have a great team, many hands that get involve so that we would have a great time worshiping the Lord and providing classes for toddlers, kids, and teens.
- Please pray that the enthusiasm and encouragement continue in our leaders and that we continue to reach more people who do not know about Christ or do not have an intimate relationship with him.
- Please pray to God to have Edwin and I well caught up in the anointing of his Spirit and have wisdom and grace to carry out all the tasks we have on our plate this year.
|About Our Family|
We are happy to get to see our daughter more often. Faviola is a great support in ministry; every Sunday Edwin preaches in Spanish and Faviola translates simultaneously through devices for those that only speak English. We are so proud and thankful for Faviola, she is incredible at translation, it is for sure a gift given by the Holy Spirit to her.
- Please pray for her, as she has great opportunities to touch lives with the love Jesus working with kids as behavioral therapist.
Our son, Edwin Isaac, is almost finished with his first year of college, he is attending University Nevada Reno. He is doing great, enjoying every part of it. We are very thankful and praise the Lord, that Edwin Isaac found a great church (English speaking) that embraced him and love him. He is very active in leadership, and he is part of the worship band. This church is a big church of about 500 members. He feels happy and thankful that God allows him to serve him and to give his talents and passion for music for his kingdom. Praise Jesus for his life!
- Please pray that the Spirit of God will always guide him and continue to use him for his glory. May his heart, his mind, his eyes, and ears be always protected by the truth of the Gospel and may there be nothing that diverts him from his purpose.
- Please pray as he will start his first paying job in the summer.
- Please pray that God will continue to provide what is necessary to cover his tuition and housing costs for his sophomore year in college 2022-2023. Miraculously God has provided everything for Edwin Isaac this first year.
Because the funding for my role as Missions Mobilizer for Hispanic Friends has dropped down to 68%, we will be on deputation this year visiting regions, yearly meetings, and individuals. Please pray that God would open more doors for us and that the prayer and financial support level would once again reach 100%.
We are always grateful for each of you, for your love, and support.
EFM Missions Mobilizer for Hispanic Friends
Leave a Reply