We are pleased to share this report from Pastor Amen Thapa who is the chair of the Executive Committee of EFC-Nepal. This yearly meeting is made up of about 40 churches located in different parts of the country. The ministry was begun by John and Sangi Vanlal in 1994. This update focuses on EFC-Nepal’s ministry from recent months.
Madhesh Province: LEAD and prayer seminar in Chapur, Rautahat organized by Friends CHE Nepal.
Evangelical Friends Church Paurahi held a ceremony and a picnic program at Jaruwa River Chapur, Rautahat where ten new members made public testimonies of baptism.
Public testimony of baptism program for EFC Ghurmighat, Siraha (four new members participated).
Tea and dinner meetings with key leaders at Janakpur for Prayer 777. Strong religious challenges occur in this region often. Our visit has been a great encouragement for our leaders.
We had the EFCN Kathmandu Regional Yearly Meeting at Heavenland Children Center in Kurintar, Chitwan. We had 357 participants from eleven districts of Bagmati and Gandaki Province and executive members and other regional leaders were present, and the program lasted for 3 days. We also had team members from Wabash Friends Church, USA as visiting guests. In the program, Pastor Manoj and Renuka Praja (EFC Dhanwangairi) were declared as recorded pastors, Pragya Thapa (Dhulikhel), Jiwan Praja Dhanwangairi), Budhhi Bdr Praja (Darang), and Bijay BK (Sindhuli) were assigned as associate pastors (license holder or licensed to do ministry).
On the left, a woman came 18 days after giving birth to attend. She walked five hours down the hills from Darang to Dhanwangairi and caught the bus to reach the conference venue. On the right, Renuka Praja, Pastor Manoj’s wife from Dhanwanggairi Friends Church is in her last stage of uterus cancer but still walks hills for three to four hours for ministry. She sang a song and made others dance and she has been a great encouragement for all the participants by sharing her powerful testimony.
The graduation ceremony of the three-month-long Bible School.
The Students’ Outing with Teachers.
A combination of youth seminars and cultural dance.
- For the graduation ceremony of our three-month-long Bible School and for those who started the three-year course of Bible College.
- For the Mission trip to Madhesh Province which included a Leadership Seminar and public testimonies of baptism from fourteen new members.
- For the EFCN Kathmandu Regional Yearly Meeting held on September 19-21, 2023 where local churches collected funds.
- For the Combined youth seminars, pastors and leaders prayer meeting, and the combined women’s seminar.
- For our upcoming mission trip in Gorkha, Chitwan in October.
- For the Bible College and the students who will be attending.
- For new church planting in new mission fields.
- For sick people: Hom Maya pastor’s wife of Gorkha Friends (heart and kidney), Pastor Hare Ram BK of Tintale, Dhanusha (kidney and heart), Renuka Praja, pastors’ wife of Dhanwangairi Friends (last stage cancer), Sami of Thali Friends (kidney damage), and Aysuh of Kathmandu Friends (cancer).
Thank you. God bless.
Pastor Amen and EFCN Family
If you would like to support the ministry of EFC-Nepal, you can:
- Give online here. Please make sure to select “Ministry Partner: EFC Nepal”.
- Give by credit card over the phone at 303-421-8100.
- Mail a check marked with EFC-Nepal designation to EFM, PO Box 771139, Wichita, KS 67277.