Bhutan Friends Newsletter
From Rupak and Pramila Tamang
“For he will rescue you from every trap and protect you from deadly disease.” Psalm 91:3
Greetings from Bhutan and from our family. To give you an update about our family, my older son and daughter-in-law are doing well. They are excited and happy with the blessing God has given them – our granddaughter. She is two months old and will be three months on August 14th. Our two younger sons began college on August 4th at one of the best colleges in Bhutan, Royal Thimphu College (www.rtc.bt). We’re very much grateful to our partners prayer team and EFM for granting such a privilege. Samuel working on a BA in English and Kenchola is working on a BA in Political Science. We are praying for safety and healing for all and for the current pandemic situation which has taken place globally.
MISSION AND CHURCH ACTIVITIES
We have done several programs, which includes the appointing of leaders and elders (about 96 all over Bhutan), six wedding ceremonies, and completing the 16th batch of Bhutan Friends Bible School. Students were taught about the Old Testament, the New Testament, and the facts and history of the four gospel books of Jesus and their authors. The students were also taken on a field trip. The new training center is in the heart of Thimphu city. We have added ten new members to our church, and they all took a public display of baptism.
Glory to God that our country, Bhutan, rejoices the 2nd Prince of Our Beloved His Majesty the King and Royal Highness the Queen was recently born!
Our country is also facing a lockdown situation currently. Below are some of the pictures of different parts in Bhutan following the lockdown which indeed helps in decreasing the threat of transmission of COVID-19.
- For the current lockdown situation to open.
- For the completion of our end vision 2020 by December 10th.
- That more churches are being planted and that they fulfill the Great Commission in our generation.
- That the churches grow stronger in faith and accept the challenges for the Great Commission. It’s crucial to plant churches.
- That we could send more missionaries outside Bhutan.
- Please pray for our churches in Bhutan and for the overall country regarding safety. With all that is happening, that it may leave advantages for the fulfillment and for the raising of his kingdom and his people in Bhutan.
Leave a Reply