Over the past month, I’ve had many people in my house from my family to youth workers. When I signed the lease on my house, I was nervous that it was too much house for me. As I began to make this house a home with cozy touches, plants in the garden and seasonal decorations, I felt God saying that this home will be used for my glory. The rooms will be filled, if only temporarily, as a blessing to the kingdom. I am happy to say that it is starting to happen.
My brother, Mark, and his family visited a few weeks ago and the house was full to the brim with the people I love the most in this world. It was such a joy to show my family Ireland for the first time. We did not “have the weather,” as they say but that made it a much more authentic Irish experience. I am so happy that they have a context for my life here and the people I do ministry and life alongside.
Two weeks ago, I welcomed three young women into my home as they lead groups of children for Scripture Union’s Annual CSSM (Children’s Special Service Mission) Youth Camp. It’s been a really great experience to have the house full again with young women building the kingdom locally here in Greystones.
A few weeks ago, my colleague preached on God’s table. He told us that God’s table has, and always will be, bigger than our own. He challenged us to find out who is missing from our table, individually and as a congregation. We have big plans here at the Naz about how to make our building and our property more inviting and accessible to the biggest “table” we can make. God is showing me how big I can make the table, my house, that he has given me here in Greystones. Will you pray with me to keep my eyes open to those individuals and groups that are missing at my table and the Naz’s table?
|Exploring Ireland with my Family!|
|What Am I Reading, Listening, and Watching?|
|Pray With Me|
- My family and I had a fantastic time together at the end of last month when they visited for a week. I am so grateful that they have context for my life here now.
- We have a fully booked Craft and Cookery Camp for August. The camp is a time honored tradition here at the Naz and to see so much interest after taking a few years off is very encouraging.
- My rhythms and “work/life” balance are becoming steadier and I feel like my productivity is increasing.
- As referred to above, I am preaching in a month and I’m very nervous about it. Praise for colleagues that are encouraging and resourceful about helping me build this sermon. I am grateful but still nervous. Please pray for focus and energy as I write the sermon. Please pray for stamina and slow, clear speaking on the day, I tend to talk very fast when I’m nervous!
- My colleague is in the Unite States right now raising support. Please pray for him and his family as they are travelling, and that God would make divine appointments. My other colleague is travelling to Poland next week for his work with Nazarene Compassionate Ministries, please pray for safety and health during his travels.
- I am trying to build a practice of presence, which requires more time sitting listening to God than talking at Him. Pray for this process that it would be good and right and fruitful.