I am currently in Bolivia, participating in a Luke 10 Vision Trip! I would love for your prayer as I travel this month. Please also join me in praying for Jan Cammack who is participating in a Future Missionary Training Trip in Rwanda.
Purpose of Trip:
Invite INELA to join us in exploring possible new mission fields through our EFM Luke 10 initiative. Encourage INELA leaders to join God on his mission and to mobilize their congregations for missions. For me personally, plant seeds of empowering, whole life discipleship among pastors and YM leaders in La Paz through a couple 1.5-hour workshops, and with leaders in the CCA church in Santa Cruz through a seven-hour workshop and Sunday morning service. Build relationships.
- Three young ladies (Stefanie Chambi, Cintia Huayhua and Anahi Tintaya) are taking the Navigators 10-month, online Discipling for Development training starting this January. Pray for them to engage deeply with God’s Word, and with principles and practices of whole-life discipleship that they can apply to their missionary work wherever God sends them for their whole lives.
- I especially appreciate a growing friendship with David Tintaya and with Rodiz and Stefanie Chambi. We have been meeting since the summer looking at how to influence INELA towards missions and whole-life discipleship.
- Pray for great connections with friends and leaders and for sensitivity to God-appointments, and what he is doing in each person.
- Pray for health and strength in the high altitude and that we would not get any stomach bugs. Pray also for protection from COVID-19.
- Pray for God’s blessing over whole-life discipleship seeds planted, that they would grow and bear fruit in the right people, and especially in the CCA church.
- Pray for my ease in Spanish, for clear thinking and communication and for excellent facilitation of the seminars and classes I’m teaching.
Jan Cammack’s Rwanda Trip
Purpose of Trip:
Invite Rwanda and Burundi yearly meetings to join us in EFM’s new vision of establishing 5 new fields with 10 new households by the end of 2025. We currently have 10 possible new mission fields and we are hoping Rwanda will join us in the South Sudan/Ethiopia venture and Burundi in the Tanzania exploration. This is also a time for Jan and Emmy to explore more their sense of call possibly to this region.
- God is still in the business of calling people into cross-cultural missions. We have over 100 people on a list of prospective future missionaries. Thank God for Jan and Emmy exploring this call on this trip.
- I am especially grateful for godly leaders we have in both the Burundi and Rwanda yearly meetings, and I am grateful for Brad Carpenter and his focus to equip Rwandan’s going into cross-cultural ministry outside of their countries. I’m also grateful for Matt Macy and his EFM leadership and passion for missions. Also, Kevin Hoppock has given the EFM board valuable leadership and support over the years. This is a group God is moving in & bringing together.
- Pray for blessing on Jan and Emmy and the families they will be visiting at the beginning of the trip. They get to stay with some of my very good friends and experience their lives.
- Pray for safety in all their travels, and for health, including protection from COVID-19.
- Pray for God’s blessing and guidance on all leaders involved in the two days of meetings in both Rwanda and Burundi. Pray for them to catch and own a missionary sending vision.
- Pray for wisdom, blessing and encouragement for Matt, Kevin as they meet with leaders involved in the Rwandan Pastors Development Fund focused on small businesses.