Thank you for your prayers and support of EFM’s Luke 10 Initiative. Here is a glimpse of what EFM experienced at the National Luke 10 Think Tank on November 2, 2022 in Wichita, KS.
What Happened? Worship. Prayer. Luke 10 study. Reports. Observations. Recommendations to keep exploring! Affirmation. Inspiration. Discerning what it means for Evangelical Friends to be faithful.
Seven teams who completed exploration trips from April-October 2022 summarized what they saw for EFM’s CAN GO Criteria and recommended that they continue to explore because of potential they identified for launching a new field. Three more teams go out December 2022-March 2023.
What Were the Results? The EFM Think Tank and EFM Board affirmed that each team continue exploring for full CAN GO Criteria. Champions will mobilize follow up Luke 10 Exploration Trips in 2023. EFM also commissioned focus groups for further study into best practices for partnerships with Friends in other countries and potential multi-culture missionary teams.
What is Next? In November 2023, EFM will approve which fields are ready to prepare for launching. This includes a commitment and announcement to launch along with recruiting persons of various gift sets and experiences who are called to fill needs on pioneering teams.
The Lord now sent them ahead
He instructed, “Pray that the Lord of the Harvest would send more workers.
NOW GO, and remember that I am sending you – Luke 10
EFM’s Five-Year Goal:
To send 10 new missionary households from North America to launch 5 new fields by 2025.
In launching these new fields we will pursue partnerships with Evangelical Friends groups on other continents who share our vision and wish to work with us.
EFM’s Luke 10 Initiative:
EFM’s Luke 10 Initiative mobilizes Evangelical Friends to explore and discern where EFM will launch new mission fields. In 2021, six regions/yearly meetings participated in five regional Luke 10 Think Tanks to identify potential sites to explore, then in May 2021 they all gathered for a National EFM Luke 10 Think Tank where eleven sites rose to the top for exploration as potential new mission fields. Regions/Yearly Meetings adopted sites to send teams on Luke 10 Exploration Trips in order to bring reports to the November 2022 EFM National Luke 10 Think Tank.
EFM’s CAN GO Criteria for starting a new mission field:
- Champions: Passion for a people/place “We must go!”
- Affirmation: From the body of Christ local, national, and international
- Need: Compelling need for the Gospel
- Gifting: Persons available with gifts and character to go
- Opportunity: There is openness and an invitation
Ten Sites of Initial Luke 10 Exploration Trips in 2022/2023
- Mexico: April 19-29, 2022, planned by EFC-MAYM in partnership with Mexico Yearly Meeting.
- Ecuador, Shuar people: May 30-June 16, 2022, planned by NWYM.
- Greece: May 30- June 10, 2022, planned by NWYM.
- Eastern Europe: June 15-22, 2022, planned by NWYM in partnership with EFC-Hungary.
- Tanzania: September 11-21, 2022, planned by EFC-MAYM in partnership with Burundi Yearly Meetings.
- South Sudan: October 10-21, 2022, planned by EFC-MAYM in partnership with EFC-Rwanda.
- Dubai/Doha, Nepali speaking immigrants: October 17-24, 2022, planned by EFC-ER in partnership with EFC-Nepal.
- The Lahu People of Thailand, Laos, Vietnam: December 8-15, 2022, planned by EFC-ER in partnership with Thailand Friends (who are registered as The Way Foundation).
- Northern India: February 20-March 4, 2023, planned by IYM.
- Northeast Brazil: March 11-21, 2023, planned by RMYM.
If you would like to read the reports from the Luke 10 Exploration Trips that have already taken place, click here.
|How Can You Join?
Are you interested in exploring missionary service? Do you know of anyone of any age who might be interested in exploring the idea of serving as a missionary overseas for two or more years?
EFM is currently looking to contact and connect with people about opportunities to explore serving as missionaries with the Friends Church!
To learn more, visit here!
The Great Commission is too big for anyone to accomplish alone and too important not to do together.