Prayer Update: Navigator D4D Exploration and Relationship Building Trip
To Cochabamba, La Paz and Santa Cruz, Bolivia October 17-24, 2022
David Celebrating Illimani’s appearing out of the clouds January 2022
David Thomas along with Gary and Merri Lee Hipp, and Judy Camp will be flying to Bolivia to connect with umbrella organizations that can give covering to begin our Navigator, Discipling for Development (D4D) work in Bolivia. Our purpose is to also connect with leaders who are interested in whole-life discipleship, to invite some to join us in an early 2023 D4D Foundations workshop. Out of those people who participate in the late January workshop we hope to develop some ongoing partnerships.
The Travel Advisory from the State Department for Bolivia is “Level 2: Exercise Increased Caution:”
There is a “paro,” a strike or a city-wide “lock-down” planned to start Friday the 21st in Santa Cruz. We will fly into Santa Cruz the night of the 21st. They are demanding the national census be taken so that more resources can be allocated to their growing population. This means the city will be locked down. Our plans for Saturday morning will probably not work to meet in person, and we might have to present online instead. Roads will be blocked, so travel from and to the airport can be complicated.
How can we pray together for this trip?
My parents, Hal and Nancy Thomas, have served as missionaries for many years in Bolivia. Dad shared that he was always trying to connect a mostly spiritual gospel to the many physical, economic, agricultural, … (all of life) needs people faced. As he has come to understand Discipling for Development, and our work in Rwanda, Africa, he feels the timing of this trip is a Kairos moment, when God wants to connect the experience we have in D4D with a surge of hunger for a holistic gospel and for the empowering discipleship and leadership development that are a part of our D4D culture.
• Pray for divine appointments, for God to lead us to the people he is calling us to partner with!
• Pray for good health in the altitude: Cochabamba is 8,000 feet, and La Paz is 13,000-11,000 feet!
• Pray for excellent communication between Spanish and English!
• Pray for good listening on our part and discernment of how Holy Spirit is leading us.
• Rodiz and Stefanie Chambi will join us for all the travel within Bolivia. Pray for blessing for them as they take time out in their busy lives. Pray for excellent times together as a team!
• Pray for excellent connections and relationship building with various Christian leaders!
• Pray for Almighty God’s favor, grace and blessing to rest on us this trip!
“Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.”
Thank you in advance for partnering with us in prayer for this trip!
Deja un comentario