Dear Prayer Partners,
Almost a month ago, myself and two others were commissioned as the pastoral team at Church of the Nazarene: Greystones. We had been anticipating this moment for over two months since it was meant to occur in March but COVID-19 and other ailments got in the way. As much as I was looking forward to this moment, I knew there would be some sadness.
I knew that during the commissioning there would be a moment where our district superintendent, invited our families up to be prayed over alongside of us. My family is not here with me in Ireland as the others are. As you’ll see in the video attached to this update, I did not need to worry. My friend and teammate, Kathi Perry stood alongside me as my family while a friend, clutched my hand beside me. The love of the Holy Spirit through these women and my entire new church family at the Naz was evident that morning. After the service, another new dear friend, approached me and urgently told me that her family is my family. Her family has welcomed me in so well and I do feel a part of their family but the vocal acknowledgement of that was special to me that morning.
God did not create us to live alone, even though some of us do and some of us prefer it. God gave us the family of faith to walk alongside, to cry with, laugh with, eat with, and mourn with. I am beyond grateful for the family at the Naz that God has given me as well as the families I have in California at Glendora Friends, Gateway Friends, and Rose Drive Friends. Of course I am grateful for my own biological family too, who are coming to visit me on Saturday!!
Church of the Nazarene: Greystones Pastoral Commissioning 2022
What Am I Reading, Listening, and Watching?
- New Derry Girls: If you aren’t watching Derry Girls and you grew up in the 80s or 90s, please stop reading this and go watch Derry Girls. The final season was hilarious, powerful and nostalgic.
- Gogglebox: Channel 4 in the UK produced this series of normal residents of the UK watching the week’s television. It reminds me of watching television and commentating with my little sister, Amy. The laughs are bountiful.
- Acts: LifeChange Series: My coach recommended this book to get me back into intentional Scripture reading and I have to say its working.
- New Harry Styles: He gets better with each new album.
- New Brett Elderedge: The first single, Holy Water is beautiful.
- New Ed Sheeran: Long time fan of Ed, doesn’t disappoint.
Pray with Me
- A few days after my last update went out, I received my PPS number!
- Joining my friend Rachel’s ladies Bible study on a Thursday morning has been an absolute gift. I am so blessed by the women in this group and the teaching of my new friend, Rachel.
- My brother Mark and his family will arrive in Ireland on Saturday afternoon! We will be together for a week and I cannot contain my excitement.
- My church family here in Greystones has continued to be so welcoming and intentional with me.
- Summer is a peculiar time for church ministry. Please pray for our summer Sunday school ministry which will be more casual and games oriented. Pray specifically that we have enough volunteers.
- Pray for travelling mercies for my family as they come to Ireland after two weeks in Italy with my sister-in-law, Nina’s family and as they go back to California next week. Pray for me as I watch them leave next week, I’m positive that homesickness will rear it’s ugly head after their departure.
- Continue praying for our pastoral team as we lead together. Pray for our communication with each other and with our congregation. Pray as we make changes while honoring what has come before us. Pray for our families as we lead oftentimes away from them. Pray for Luke as he goes back to the States next month to do some deputation. Pray for Tim as he travels for vacation with his whole family next week. Pray for me as managing personal friendships with congregants.