In 2005 Rupak and Pramila Tamang began devoting themselves full-time to leading a growing network of cell groups in the kingdom of Bhutan. That network is still growing. Here is how Rupak responded to the four questions I sent to missionaries and national leaders:
How is COVID-19 affecting those who live in the area where you live and minister?
- COVID-19 is causing lots of fear among the general people and is affecting negatively the economy of the rich people.
- Among believers there is more revival and unity than before.
How is this situation affecting the ministry you lead?
- Ministry is going well. There is revival, prayer, unity, and a growing seriousness in the house fellowships. There are also lots of opportunities to share the Gospel in difficult places.
What are some opportunities you are seeing for sharing the good news of Jesus Christ with those who don’t know him?
- The virus is life-threatening, unseen, unknown, and not a joke. It gives us opportunity to preach the Gospel to many and to also teach about the plagues in Exodus and Psalm 91 (God is our protector).
What are two or three prayer requests we can use to pray for you and those you lead?
- Pray that through this crisis more people will come to the Lord and have more comfort.
- Pray for the church to divide into smaller groups and saturate the whole nation with the Gospel.
- Pray for our protection.
Thank you for praying for Bhutan.
While we are providing this special round of updates to EFM’s largest email list (due to the world-wide impact of COVID-19), we will continue, as always, providing brief praise and prayer requests from each contributing field through our monthly EFM Prayer Letter. This is the easiest way to get regular, brief updates from missionaries and national leaders. If you do not currently receive the EFM Prayer Letter, we encourage you to subscribe by clicking the button below.