December 2-7, 2022 | Horizon Village & Resort
200 M.7 Chiang Mai-Doi Saket Road, Tumbon Cheng Doi, Amphur Doi Saket,
Chiang Mai 50220 Thailand
Telephone: 66 53 868891-3 | Email: email@example.com
- Missionary Care – every Christian worker needs to step away from their intense ministry context and set apart time and place for refreshment, rest and spiritual reflection.
- Missionary Community – the EFM missionary team is spread over the globe. In the retreat, they will find opportunities to meet, encourage, counsel and pray for one another. They can do the same with the EFM team who supports them.
- Missionary Equipping – we will consider how each missionary can become an equipper of equippers, helping them to focus not only on the next wave of leaders, but upon the third wave of leaders. When the third wave of leaders become equippers of equippers, then we have fueled a movement.
- EFM Missionaries, who are full-time long-term EFM-employee missionaries, including children high school and younger*
- EFC-NA Superintendents and Regional missions’ director/liaison (costs not covered by EFM)
- EFM Directors
- Board Chair (cost not covered by EFM)
- EFC-I Directors (costs not covered by EFM)
- Youth and Child workers and support workers (costs not covered by EFM)
* Regarding children – Please note that while missionary children are so very welcome, it is not required for them to attend. If you wish to experience the gathering without your children and have other arrangements for them, feel free to make the choice that is best for your family.
** Regarding spouses – for non-missionaries, spouses are invited. Costs are not covered by EFM.
Our gathering will begin with a Friday evening (December 2) welcome meal and worship. We look forward to exciting conversations as we learn together, worship together, and create space for relationships, rest and enjoying the area. The gathering will conclude with breakfast served Wednesday morning (December 7). See schedule and details posted November 16, here: https://friendsmission.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/Schedule-and-Notes-for-2022-WWG-Participants.pdf.
EFM is covering costs for missionary families and EFM Directors. EFM Missionaries/families can ignore this “costs” section as EFM has you covered!
Here are the costs for those who are invited, for whom EFM is not covering costs. Once you have completed the online RSVP form, you may mail payment clearly marked for whom the payment is for to cover “Worldwide Missionary Gathering costs” to EFM, PO Box 771139, Wichita, KS 67277 or make payment with clear designation online at https://catalog.friendsmission.com/onlinegiving. Please make payment to EFM by or before October 1, 2022.
- $330 per adult for a private guest room Dec 2-7 gathering package
- $450 per couple for 2-person guest room Dec 2-7 gathering package
- $20 per person, add for round trip airport transfer/rides to/from resort
- $40 per night per room (up to two adults), add for early arrival or late stay at resort outside of Dec 2-7 gathering package, pending space availability, includes breakfast only.
- Cost of flight tickets, see below…
Dec 2-7 gathering package includes:
- All EFM Worldwide Missionary Gathering scheduled activities
- All guest rooms are in the Horizon Building 5, “Standard Garden View” rooms
- Each room includes hairdryer, shower cap, shampoo, conditioner, liquid soap, lotion and security safe
- Daily breakfast and welcome drink
- Lunch and Dinner buffet
- Morning and afternoon coffee breaks
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms and meeting rooms
- Tram service in garden
- Botanic Garden admission fee including fitness center and swimming pool
- Museum and Zoo admission
- Coffee and tea set in guest room
- Meeting rooms and A/V
- Inclusive of resort taxes and service charges
- EFM is covering costs for missionary families and EFM Directors.
- We wish to work with you to secure flight tickets and appropriate travel insurance as soon as possible. We would like to finalize all tickets in July.
- EFM’s newest staff member, Krista Gonzales (known by staff as “Krista G” not to be confused with “Krista A” Alvarez), will be collecting passport information to work with EFM’s travel agent and you to finalize your air tickets with your final review and approval.
- Please submit a clear copy or photo of each traveling family member’s passport/s (with expiration date/s valid 6 months after last date of December travel) to Krista G firstname.lastname@example.org by June 30th.
- For those whose costs are not covered by EFM, you may pay EFM’s travel agent, Chauna, directly for your flights.
- If you would rather book your flights on your own, please communicate thoroughly and promptly with Krista G as she coordinates your details for EFM’s records and for your airport transfers/rides to and from the resort in Chiang Mai.
IMMUNIZATIONS AND COVID-19 PROTOCOL
COVID-19 CURRENT UPDATES for U.S. Citizens as of October 26, 2022 at https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/covid-19-information/
- Are there COVID-related entry requirements for U.S. citizens? No.
- According to the following websites: https://tp.consular.go.th/y Tourism Authority of Thailand’s website, from October 1, 2022 onwards, travelers entering Thailand will no longer be required to present COVID-19 related documents such as the certificate of vaccination and COVID-19 test result upon arrival in Thailand.
- Is a negative COVID-19 test (PCR and/or serology) required for entry? No.
- Are health screening procedures in place at airports and other ports of entry? No.
- There are no COVID-19 testing requirements in place in order to return to the U.S.
- There are no vaccinations required in order to visit Thailand. Check with your doctor or local health department for their recommendations. aquí are the recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.