December 2-7, 2022
Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Missionary Care – every Christian worker needs to step away from their intense ministry context and set apart time and place for refreshment, rest and spiritual reflection.
- Missionary Community – the EFM missionary team is spread over the globe. In the retreat, they will find opportunities to meet, encourage, counsel and pray for one another. They can do the same with the EFM team who supports them.
- Missionary Equipping – we will consider how each missionary can become an equipper of equippers, helping them to focus not only on the next wave of leaders, but upon the third wave of leaders. When the third wave of leaders become equippers of equippers, then we have fueled a movement.
- EFM Missionaries, including children high school and younger*
- EFC-NA Superintendents and Regional missions’ director/liaison (costs not covered by EFM)
- EFM Directors
- Board Chair (cost not covered by EFM)
- EFC-I Directors (costs not covered by EFM)
- Youth and Child workers and support workers (costs not covered by EFM)
* Regarding children – Please note that while missionary children are so very welcome, it is not required for them to attend. If you wish to experience the gathering without your children and have other arrangements for them, feel free to make the choice that is best for your family.
** Regarding spouses – for non-missionaries, spouses are invited. Costs are not covered by EFM.
Our gathering will begin with a Friday evening (December 2) welcome meal and worship. We look forward to exciting conversations as we learn together, worship together, and create space for relationships, rest and enjoying the area. The gathering will conclude with breakfast served Wednesday morning (December 7). We look forward to sharing more schedule details closer to the event! Please feel free to make suggestions or ask questions to EFM directors. Matt Macy is overseeing coordination of the event.
EFM is covering costs for missionary families and EFM Directors. EFM Missionaries/families can ignore this “costs” section as EFM has you covered!
Here are the costs for those who are invited, for whom EFM is not covering costs. Once you have completed the online RSVP form, you may mail payment clearly marked for whom the payment is for to cover “Worldwide Missionary Gathering costs” to EFM, PO Box 771139, Wichita, KS 67277 or make payment with clear designation online at https://catalog.friendsmission.com/onlinegiving. Please make payment to EFM by or before October 1, 2022.
- $330 per adult for a private guest room Dec 2-7 gathering package
- $450 per couple for 2-person guest room Dec 2-7 gathering package
- $20 per person, add for round trip airport transfer/rides to/from resort
- $40 per night per room (up to two adults), add for early arrival or late stay at resort outside of Dec 2-7 gathering package, pending space availability, includes breakfast only.
- Cost of flight tickets, see below…
Dec 2-7 gathering package includes:
- All EFM Worldwide Missionary Gathering scheduled activities
- Daily breakfast and welcome drink
- Lunch and Dinner buffet
- Morning and afternoon coffee breaks
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms and meeting rooms
- Tram service in garden
- Botanic Garden admission fee including fitness center and swimming pool
- Museum and Zoo admission
- Coffee and tea set in guest room
- Meeting rooms and A/V
- Inclusive of resort taxes and service charges
- EFM is covering costs for missionary families and EFM Directors.
- We wish to work with you to secure flight tickets and appropriate travel insurance as soon as possible. We would like to finalize all tickets in July.
- EFM’s newest staff member, Krista Gonzales (known by staff as “Krista G” not to be confused with “Krista A” Alvarez), will be collecting passport information to work with EFM’s travel agent and you to finalize your air tickets with your final review and approval.
- Please submit a clear copy or photo of each traveling family member’s passport/s (with expiration date/s valid 6 months after last date of December travel) to Krista G email@example.com by June 30th.
- For those whose costs are not covered by EFM, you may pay EFM’s travel agent, Chauna, directly for your flights.
- If you would rather book your flights on your own, please communicate thoroughly and promptly with Krista G as she coordinates your details for EFM’s records and for your airport transfers/rides to and from the resort in Chiang Mai.
IMMUNIZATIONS AND COVID-19 PROTOCOL
- COVID-19: Currently, as of June 1, 2022, both vaccinated and unvaccinated travelers are permitted into Thailand with no testing or quarantines upon arrival. Of course, we will need to observe what the requirements are as December travel approaches, and there are already rumors that some of these laws will be changing July 1 to become even more relaxed! Currently, public mask mandates have been recently lifted. They are requiring registration in their “Thailand Pass” system, proof of at least $10,000 medical insurance for treatment in Thailand, and for unvaccinated travelers, a COVID-19 negative test results within 72 hours before traveling. Here is the U.S. Embassy & Consulate in Thailand website. There are no COVID-19 testing requirements in place in order to return to the U.S.
- There are no vaccinations required in order to visit Thailand. Check with your doctor or local health department for their recommendations. Here are the recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.