Chiang Rai, Thailand | September 20-30, 2023
Purpose of this Discipling for Development Coaching Trip:
Scott Purser and David Thomas will be coaching the Chiang Rai D4D team with just-in-time training they need to move them forward in the Mobilization Phase with the two churches they are working with in JaSoPa and JaTaw. They will review their progress over the last four months using the lessons (Appreciative Inquiry, Resource Mapping, God’s Redemptive Purposes, and Obstacles to Our Development). They will see how the team is doing and offer coaching as they begin Root Cause Analysis lessons with each obstacle, which they will use in the months ahead prior to our next visit. They will also be facilitating a Coaching Workshop for The Way Foundation Staff to equip them with coaching skills. As well as this they will brainstorm with the D4D team about how to use D4D in a church planting capacity, as well as how D4D can equip pastors and church planters to do their work more effectively.
- Pray for Scott and David to use their time well, making the most of this opportunity!
- Pray for David and Scott to have ears to hear what the D4D Chiang Rai team is saying, and to hear what Holy Spirit is also telling them.
- Pray for energy and great translation for Achi Po, Julie, and Jason!
- During the coaching workshop, pray for The Way Foundation team to understand, get some good practice, and grow in their coaching skills and ability to ask good questions.
- Pray for this team to understand Jesus’s kind of empowering leadership. Pray for an excellent “alongsider” Bible lesson exemplifying how Paul empowered leaders in the early church.
- Pray for an excellent discussion with Yosapa, Solomon, and Manat about how D4D and church planting can work together.
- Encourage Solomon in his church planting work. Help him see how D4D can benefit him. He used to be our D4D leader before Yosapa, and I would love to see him keep growing.
- Pray for good health for Yosapa and Mana in their village work. Yosapa was sick for a few weeks.
- Pray for great encouragement for Yosapa and Mana in their work, and for clear steps forward as they facilitate the process of JaSoPa and JaTaw moving toward a shared vision of transformation.
|Dear friends, I am still in a friend-raising, fundraising mode seeking new partners that want to join me as prayer partners, and also as monthly financial partners. I am currently supported at around 66% of my budget needed to take these coaching trips. Thank you in advance for asking Holy Spirit if he would encourage you to join my team! There are four ways to give:
Thank you in advance for partnering with us in prayer for this trip!