D. K. and Choity Sarkar are almost a month into their deputation. As a reminder, their primary purpose on deputation over the coming months is to express their deep gratitude to those of you who are partnering with them in prayer and financial support. They also hope to find others who the Lord might lead to partner with them in prayer and/or financial support.
We are excited to share that D. K. and Choity have a new ministry video that can be used on a Sunday morning, in a small group, or anywhere you find it to be helpful. You can watch it aquí.
- We had very good visits with Netarts Friends Church, Vancouver First Friends Church, and West Chehalem Friends Church. We are looking forward to visiting Friendsview, attending a Spring Rally put on by Friends Women, and attending Newberg Friends and Rosedale Friends Church this Sunday.
- On Easter Sunday, we attended service at Tigard Community Friends Church. We were able to talk with some people about our ministry in India and the challenges we face there. It was a very good experience for us.
- Jan Cammack is taking very good care of us, and we are thankful for her. She has helped Choity and I get dental and doctor wellness visits and is making sure that we get to all of our appointments with churches and partners. We are grateful for her.
- Ministry in Kolkata continues while we are in the U.S. Kolkata Church shared an Easter breakfast together and seven people made a public testimony of water baptism in the river Ganges. I have included pictures to the right.
D. K also shares a prayer request:
- One of our most senior pastors, named Tapan Mondal has got a stroke. He took lots of responsibility in my absence during the Holy Week. Please pray for his recovery.
On April 18 they will head to Idaho to begin the next part of their deputation.
|There are two ways to partner with D. K. and Choity:
Prayer: At this time, they have 316 prayer partners with a goal to raise it to 350. Please share this link with anyone that you believe may want to sign up to partner with them in prayer –https://friendsmission.com/sarkar/.
Financial: They are still at 63% of their need for ongoing monthly support and will need to raise it to 100% before going back to India in June. If you are a current monthly supporter, thank you. It is important to let D. K. and Choity know that you plan to continue or increase your giving. If you are not currently giving, would you prayerfully consider joining their financial partner team? There are four ways to give:
Thank you for being part of this journey with D.K. and Choity. You are not only a blessing to them but also to those who are being reached for Christ through their ministry. The Lord bless and keep you as well!
Your fellow servant in Christ,