Jaime and Lupita Leon are Mexico Yearly Meeting’s (MYM) first missionaries. They were commissioned in the winter of 2017 and a few months later moved from their home in Aguascalientes to a small town called Siete Ejidos in the state of Sinaloa. Their personal support comes from Friends in Mexico. EFM, in partnership with MYM, helps with some of their ministry funds. God is blessing the Leon’s ministry in Siete Ejidos and is giving them a vision for planting churches in nearby cities.
This is how Jaime and Lupita answered the four questions sent to missionaries and national leaders.
How is COVID-19 affecting those who live in the area where you live and minister?
- The effects we are seeing have mostly to do with the economy now that many do not have work. The actions taken by the government in regards to the quarantine have caused many to fear.
How is this situation affecting the ministry you lead?
- We are no longer allowed to meet in the church building. We are all in our homes and using electronic means to share the word of God with one another.
What are some opportunities you are seeing for sharing the good news of Jesus Christ with those who don’t know him?
- People are fearful. This gives us an opportunity to share that Jesus himself has warned us about things to come and that he also gives us hope in uncertain times.
What are two or three prayer requests we can use to pray for you and those you lead?
- That our believers will see the opportunity to share the Gospel with those who do not know Jesus.
- That in the midst of our economic difficulties we will be good stewards of what God gives us.
- For Lupita who has been feeling ill for a week. The medicine helps a little bit.
While we are providing this special round of updates to EFM’s largest email list (due to the world-wide impact of COVID-19), we will continue, as always, providing brief praise and prayer requests from each contributing field through our monthly EFM Prayer Letter. This is the easiest way to get regular, brief updates from missionaries and national leaders. If you do not currently receive the EFM Prayer Letter, we encourage you to subscribe by clicking the button below.