We are pleased to share this update from Pastor Amen Thapa who is the chair of the Executive Committee of EFC-Nepal. This yearly meeting is made up of about 40 churches located in different parts of the country. The ministry was begun by John and Sangi Vanlal in 1994.
- Kathurani Friends, Nuwakot: Two people have accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
- Amptar Friends, Nuwakot: Nine new believers took a public testimony of baptism. There are three home cell groups as well as a group that prays every morning in the church an hour.
- Darbung Friends, Gorkha: Two people have accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. Eight new believers took a public testimony of baptism and now 11 house churches are being conducted.
- Kathmandu Friends: There are a couple new believers added. All the ministry is online. Through online ministry, many new people are reaching out the gospel in and out of Nepal. We conducted a Pastors and Leaders Seminar on the theme of “I am a Gardener.” We also distributed relief food packages for 70 families who lost their jobs because businesses have closed down and labor work is unavailable. Thankfully the local church members provided funds.
- Kathmandu Regional Meeting: Just one day before lockdown was imposed, Kathmandu Regional meeting had been held in Saurah, Chitwan.
- COVID relief packages have been provided to 101 families.
- Kuleni Friends, Nawalpur: Started church building by faith, little by little, the land is donated by its Pastor Jit Narayan.
- Relief Packages: In partnership with EFM funds, they distributed Rice to 35 families.
- Evangelization and Fellowship: Despite the COVID Pandemic, they had evangelism programs and fellowship.
- Eight people took a public testimony of baptism.
- Tapariya Friends, Bardiya: Church building completed to some extent. They can gather together and have fellowship without getting scorched by the sun or getting wet by rainfall.
- Surkhet Friends, Surkhet: Started church building by faith. The land is donated by its Pastor, Amrit Sunar.
- COVID relief packages were distributed to 110 families.
- COVID Relief: With the funds from EFM, Bhandara Friends and Jhurjhure Friends, they have distributed relief food packages to 334 families.
- Ministry: All the ministry is being held physically in person and online.
- Weekly regular fellowships are being conducted via zoom due to COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Blood Donation Program had been held as a yearly event on Good Friday. They distributed relief food packages to 49 families in this province.
- Physical and online ministry due to COVID.
- COVID relief packages provided to 15 families
During the lockdown, due to COVID 19 pandemic, we are continuing to conduct physical classes. One of the students went through many problems and we all were at risk of transmitting the sickness, but by the divine grace of God we all are safe.
Worship services, youth meetings, pastors and leaders seminar, prayer meetings, combined worship services, healing prayers, evangelism, etc. took place via Zoom, Facebook live, YouTube, and Messenger.
- Gospel sharing by various ways and church growth holistically.
- Gorkha’s Pastor Rudra Dawadi’s resettlement and Parkhal Friends members resettlement due to flood and landslide.
- Protection of Associate Pastor Adam Subedi’s home from landslides.
- Complete recovery of COVID positive pastors and leaders and believers, so that there will be no post COVID symptoms.
- To plant new churches and cell groups in all provinces.
- For provision and finances for church buildings to be completed soon. For more church building to be rebuilt as members increased in number and more new church buildings to begin build.
- Pastors and evangelists’ financial needs for their children’s school fees. Let God open the ways for finance, so that they will not be distracting from their call and vision because of physical and financial needs.
If you would like to support the ministry of EFC-Nepal, you can:
- Give online to EFC-Nepal aqui. Please make sure to note that you would like your gift designated to EFC-Nepal.
- You can give by credit card over the phone at 303-421-8100.
- You can mail a check marked with EFC-Nepal designation to EFM, PO Box 771139, Wichita KS 67277.