Download the resources below to help promote the offering! Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if there is any other way our office can resource your church.
View Devotion as a Flipbook on Your Device Below
(Haga clic aquí para ver Flipbook en español)
Please wait while flipbook is loading. For more related info, FAQs and issues please refer to DearFlip WordPress Flipbook Plugin Help documentation.
Jesus’ Passion for the world takes center stage during Holy Week. In the week between Palm Sunday and Easter, Jesus guaranteed the fulfillment of his famous words, “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life”. His passion was clear.
Evangelical Friends Mission, in partnership with Friends Churches across the U.S., has sensed the Lord leading us to embrace a next expression of John 3:16. Together, we have recently kicked off year two of our Five-Year Goal that is fueled by the Luke 10 Initiative. Our goal is to send ten new missionary households to five new fields by 2025. You can watch an introductory video here. With God’s help, we are making progress. For example:
- We have around a hundred (the actual number fluctuates some) individuals who have gone on record to say, “I am interested in going as a missionary!”
- Eleven teams are readying to take Luke 10 Exploratory trips in 2022. Out of these trips, we will begin to discern which five new fields the Lord wants us to open.
- Friends churches from four other countries (Burundi, Rwanda, Bolivia and Peru) are exploring how they might also lean into the Luke 10 vision, identifying their own five-year goals.
There is good news from already deployed EFM missionaries. Three examples:
- A. A., in Bangladesh, gives testimony of four new churches planted over the last couple of months. They each have between five and fifteen families.
- A key missionary family has returned to ministry in a sensitive area after several months away. They report that, despite their absence, God is opening doors for sharing the gospel in encouraging ways.
- There is great progress on all fronts in Nepal. EFM missionaries (B. and D. A. and Retnaraj) and church leaders (Evangelical Friends Church – Nepal) all report dozens of decisions to follow Jesus.
We are grateful to the Lord for all of this. Generous support from God’s people is fueling this progress. This Easter season, we invite you to join us in celebrating and advancing Jesus’ passion.
First, consider using and encouraging others to use the resource “Jesus’ Passion, Our Passion!” It is intended as a guide to help God’s people to take a deep dive into the beauty of Holy Week. Receive it as an expression of gratitude for your support.
Also, prayerfully consider propelling the Luke 10 Initiative forward through an Easter offering. Your gifts will help us fuel the movement that was the essence of Jesus’ passion – that all would experience the transforming power of the Resurrection.
Because of Christ,
Executive Director of EFM
Our commitment to you is that all donations to EFM are used as designated. Once a ministry is fully funded, we follow policy to use funds for the next closest ministry need. 100% of every gift to EFM goes into the project or missionary fund to which it is given.