Download the resources below to help promote the offering! Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if there is any other way our office can resource your church.
View Devotion as a Flipbook on Your Device Below
(Haga clic aquí para ver Flipbook en español)
Please wait while flipbook is loading. For more related info, FAQs and issues please refer to DearFlip WordPress Flipbook Plugin Help documentation.
Jesus’ Passion for the world takes center stage during Holy Week. In the week between Palm Sunday and Easter, Jesus guaranteed the fulfillment of his famous words, “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” His passion was clear.
For 60 years, Evangelical Friends Mission has partnered with Friends Churches across the U.S. If you would like to view our celebration kickoff video, please email us! You may be aware that together we have sensed the Lord leading us to embrace a next expression of John 3:16. Together, we have recently kicked off year three of our Five-Year Goal that is fueled by the Luke 10 Initiative. Our goal is to send ten new missionary households to five new fields by 2025. You can watch an introductory video here. With God’s help, we are making progress. For example:
- We have over a hundred (the actual number fluctuates some) individuals who have gone on record to say, “I am interested in going as a missionary!” Last year, EFM sponsored two future missionary trips to further these emerging missionaries’ understanding of cross-cultural ministry and discern next steps.
- Eight teams took Luke 10 Exploratory trips in 2022. Each one identified open doors. Now they are planning return trips to finalize specific opportunities for ministry. Out of these trips, we plan to identify which five potential fields EFM will commit to launching. By the way, there are two more initial trips deploying this fall – North India and Northeastern Brazil.
- Friends churches from six other countries (Burundi, Rwanda, Thailand, Nepal, Bolivia and Peru) are exploring how they might also lean into the Luke 10 vision, identifying their own five-year goals. This is exciting because leaders there are asking to collaborate with EFM in these efforts.
There is also good news from already deployed EFM missionaries. Three examples:
- Despite rising persecution in several fields, our workers report God’s continued grace. In spite of opposition, they boldly share the Gospel and people repent and follow Jesus.
- Over Christmas, hundreds of people embraced the message of Jesus, especially in our fields in Asia. Our missionaries are now equipping national leaders to follow up and incorporate these new Christians into local churches.
- Nearly every one of our missionaries working in primarily Muslim areas report a growing interest in learning more about Jesus. Often, because of the threat of severe retribution, these conversations are held in informal one on one contexts. Still, God is at work!
We are grateful to the Lord for all of this. Generous support from God’s people is fueling this progress. This Easter season, we invite you to join us in celebrating and advancing Jesus’ passion.
First, consider using the resource “Jesus’ Passion, Our Passion!” This resource, updated from last year’s edition, is intended as a guide to help God’s people to take a deep dive into the beauty of Holy Week. Receive it as an expression of gratitude for your support. You can download a copy above!
Also, prayerfully consider propelling the Luke 10 Initiative forward through an Easter offering. Your gifts will help us fuel the movement that was the essence of Jesus’ passion – that all would experience the transforming power of the Resurrection.
Because of Christ,
Executive Director of EFM